I'm finally getting around to doing a recipe, I must say as a disclaimer most of the recipes I use are from the internet, recipe books, etc. I can't really cook without recipes lol. Lets get started, shall we....
This is a recipe for pancakes from scratch. Derek and I really enjoy these, they are so moist and delicious, although I must say we tried this mixture for waffles and not very good. For pancakes this mixture is easy, delicious,fluffy and we will never go back to pre-made/boxed pancake mixture....
1 cup of flour
2 tablespoon of sugar
2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, or vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
|This picture shows two eggs but you only need one sorry!|
1. Take a small bowl and whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together milk, butter (or oil), and egg.
Add dry ingredients to milk mixture; whisk until just moistened ( some lumps is ok, don't over mix)
3. Heat large skillet or griddle over medium. Fold a sheet of paper towel in half, and moisten with oil; rub skillet with moisten paper towel.
4. Spoon 1/4 cup of pancake mix to skillet, two or three should fit in your skillet.
5. cook until surface of pancakes bubbles and a few have burst. Flip carefully with a spatula, and cook till edges browned.
6. Enjoy your pancakes with syrup, jelly/ jam, fruits toppings or whatever you enjoy your pancakes with. =) yum